Top 7 Dating Etiquettes to Follow
By Jaclyn Leyson-Azuela
If you think dating is freestyle, you’re wrong. There are dating etiquettes you need to follow if you want to achieve success. It is often our nature to forget the basics and get carried along the modern times but when it comes to dating – the basics are often building blocks of success. ‘It is often easy to say yet hard to do.’ The following would help you keep your feet to the ground –
1. Enjoy the moment. Forget about what happens tomorrow and enjoy the time or the opportunity for you to get to know each other. It is your responsibility to make sure your partner is not wasting precious time as dating should always be an exciting and thrilling experience.
2. Don’t forget eye contact. It is always a good etiquette to follow to make sure your date has your attention and eye contact does that. Your date should always feel like they are the only person you’ll be looking at in the room.
3. Compliment when necessary. Efforts have been made to make the date a success and it includes looking nice. If it appears your date has done everything to look good for you, the least you can do is to make them feel good.
4. Look beyond the physical. If you don’t want the other person to feel like you only care about their physical appearance, never ogle because it is beyond rude. Nothing can turn off women faster than this.
5. Be on time and more importantly show up. Unless you have sent early notice that you’re going to cancel, always show up and be on time. Being late and not showing up at all are two deadly mistakes you’re going to make. As much as it has psychological effects on the other person, you are making them feel like they’re not your priority and you’re just wasting their time. Getting there on time and always showing up make your date feel respected and special.
6. Stop making flashy impressions. When you are seriously dating, your money and importance in society don’t mean a thing. Throwing your credit card around, flashing your car to everywhere you go and dining at expensive places will not make lasting impression on your date unless you’re in for cheap thrills. If you’re going to pursue a girl who doesn’t care who you are or what you have, leave your wealth and status at your doorstep.
7. Stay on neutral topics on your conversations. Don’t talk about overly intellectual topics during the early stage of dating because doing so would make you arrogant and flashy. Staying neutral means you are avoiding any uncomfortable feelings between you and your date especially if they have different opinions than you have.
Dating should not be challenging and stressful. If any, it should give you the best experience there is given the right circumstances. If you are really serious about your date, following these etiquettes should be easy as if it’s your second nature.